Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Solar Jar Lights


 
Remember These???
 
 
Well, let me show you how to make them!
First, go down to the depths of your basement and pick out the jars that you can live without. I can with wide mouth, so these small mouth jars were my pick.

Go to the store and find the least expensive stake solar lights....mine are 97 cents each from Wal-Mart.
Please note that there is a tab on the inside of the light that you MUST pull out to enable the light to charge and ultimately work! I had NO idea and thought that my jar lights were a complete "fail" until my hubby pulled the tab..... ReallY!!! Who knew!!??!?
Take the seal out of the lid, I chose "used" lids to keep from having to buy seals. (p.s. you can spray paint the lids and seal any color you would like!)
Mark out the appropriate size of the solar panel located on the top of the light. Mine, 1 1/4 inch square.
I next used an all (no clue about the correct spelling of this tool) and pierced a whole (on top of a scrap piece of wood) in the center of the marked out square. I then used a pair of ancient kitchen shears to cut the square out.
Next, measure from the bottom of the jar to the lid.
Take the post off of the bottom of the light and mark it to be cut at a point that when re-attached to the light, it will gently rest on the bottom of the jar after the light has been attached to the seal.
I used a band saw to do the cutting, but a small hack saw would work just fine too!
To attach and SEAL the light top I used silicon calk.
I used the silicon to prevent rain from filling the jar while outside.
Once the silicon has dried, place the jar outside, anywhere your heart desires!!!
This is an easy project that apart from the drying time, takes no more than 20 minutes to complete.

2 comments:

  1. Your post is providing some really good information. I liked its essence and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such important posts about this blog and its much more helpful for us .
    Prime day deals 2018 jar solar fairy lights outdoor decorative

    Sogrand Industry,Inc,15 Years Solar Light Manufacturer Directly Sells on Amazon.
    Best Solar Lights Collection Storefront-
    https://www.amazon.com/shops/sogrand

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hi guys, I would recommend the high quality Christmas Solar jar lights which I bought using now with great fun. You can use it for Christmas Decorations and Party to get charming lighting and enjoy a great Christmas atmosphere around your house.

    Here is the beautiful Christmas Solar Jar Lights on Amazon I like so much: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Solar+jar+lights&me=A39PH15OSSYYUG&ref=nb_sb_noss

    ReplyDelete