Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Ramblings....

Thoughts that are in my head and I need to get them out on "paper".

You know, we have this social media arena available to us all in several different ways. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Blogging, etc. 

Many of us use it for the purpose it was created for...keeping up with family and friends that live away from us and finding long lost schoolmates that have long since left our lives.

It is wonderful for that!! And I use it daily.

But then there are the times that people get on and hate on others.

I find that so sad. To take jabs at defenseless people.

To take special precious moments and turn them into an opportunity to take a dig at someone.

Just makes me so sad.

So, I am determined to not ever be found guilty of such things.

And to prove my point, I am going to brag on my children!

We are a family that loves the Lord with all we are. We are undeserving of God's forgiveness, yet forgiven. We are undeserving of God's love, yet loved.

My husband and I have had the amazing pleasure of having 3 children come into our lives. Two by birth (even though 5 different Dr.'s told me I would never be able to have children.) and one through the divine intervention of God.

All three of our amazing children are married to amazing spouses.

All three of our amazing children serve the Lord in their churches, none in the same state.

Our oldest (the adopted child) is by day, a mail carrier while her husband is a public school teacher of special needs children. In their church, she and her husband serve by holding Bible Study classes and mentoring young couples.

Our son is actually on staff at the Church they are members of (like mother, like son!). He is head of the AV and trains volunteers within the church for the position they are about to do. His wife is also very involved in church ministry.

Our youngest is a Head Start teacher/assistant by day and heads up our Puggles program at our church while her husband works with our Youth Ministry.

My husband heads up the sound dept. at our Church while I am on staff and work within the Children's Ministry on Wednesday nights and Sunday nights.

So as you can see, we are a family who takes serving others in love VERY seriously.

That is why I cannot understand how others can be so ugly on social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment