Friday, February 28, 2014

No Spend Month......Yikes!

I am going to challenge myself to a no spend month for March.

This is probably going to be a lot harder than I think!

No spend, that is, on decorating, crafting, updating, etc.

I have enough projects that I have what I need to get them done

I just need to GET. THEM. DONE!

I realize that the past couple of months have been very out of the ordinary but now things are starting to slowly get back to normal, so I am going to face the towers of projects calling my name!

One project is this: I have an old office / waiting room style of chair that my In-laws bought for us probably 10 years ago. It is not in our regular living area, so it does get ignored.

It looks a bit like this one. With the exception of light wood arms and legs and padding on the arms. But this color and style are pretty accurate.

 
I intend to re-upholster it with this material
(which I have had for oh, about a year!)

and paint the arms and legs a high gloss white!
My material is true white and black.
 
Also I have a mid-century six drawer dresser that is destine to be a buffet for our family room. We have football parties, etc. down there for anywhere from 10-20 people at a time and although I have a table down there to set things out on, there is zero storage. So, I will take that dresser which looks similar to this one:
 
 
And sand (I WILL beat that sander this time!), paint and re-work the storage to fit my need.....
I am thinking it needs to be a fun color like....
 
I think I am leaning toward the "spring" or "tangelo" colors...although all of them are pretty dreamy!
 
I am also getting revved up for Easter...I sat down last night and got the menu in "stone". Recipes done and now all I have to do is wait for it to get closer!
 
I have a few smaller projects to do, but the goal is to not spend any money for the month of March on any projects to be done.......
 
OK, I'm going in...wish me luck!
 
Well, probably pray for self control for me!
 
Oh man, this is going to be a hard one!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment