Saturday, February 1, 2014

Now That I Have A Moment.....

Updates on my Mother and Father-In-Law!


First, my FIL is still in the hospital. We thought he would come home today (sat.) but he developed fluid around a lung and had to remain to be put on a med to alleviate the fluid.
Not so fun fact: 1/3 of all open heart surgery patients develop fluid around their lung(s) and have shortness of breath.
So even tho my FIL is in the minority, it is still common and quite fixable.
We are hoping he will be released tomorrow and be back home safe, sound and roudy as ever!


Second, my Mom is home from the hospital and doing great. It almost did not happen as one of the Dr.'s in our area sorta got an "tude" with us and stopped the procedure from happening in Wis. or so she thought!!
I made about a zillion calls (yes, I said zillion because that is how it feels and it's my blog so I can exaggerate all I want!) and finally got things back on track. To be honest, I am still amazed that it happened at all, but the prayers of a few did great things!


Mom should be able to return to all things normal tomorrow (Sunday) and boy is she ready to do just that!


There will still be lots of Dr. appointments in both of their near futures, but as of today, things look like life as we know it will not be far off.


I am now going to hibernate until March. Or until the snow stops falling, which could be March at the rate we are getting it!!! Enough already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment