Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Feeling Restless

I am feeling a bit restless these days.

I have my eyes on things that are not able to be done at this present time.

Do you ever do this? Let your thoughts jump ahead of where you actually are and then not come back to reality quickly enough?

I do. I am there.

I want to wander aimlessly through small antique shops, pick out flooring, paint things, etc. etc.

REALITY CHECK!

That is not where we are in the process. That is not where my everyday life would have me right this moment.

Where am I? Getting eye exams, buying groceries, working, watching my husband do little (and very necessary) things to the addition that I cannot help with, organizing, etc. etc.

Nothing exciting. Not a thing that is creative.

And it is making me restless.

My time is taken up with so many things that I cannot take the time to even get creative in small ways.

And that, my friends, is life! Like it or not, we have to take care of the mundane small things in order for the other things to happen!

So I am trying to fight past the restlessness and march boldly toward the mundane.

Knowing that in a few short weeks, creative will be the only things getting done and I will wish for a mundane day!

No comments:

Post a Comment