Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Oreo Suckers!

This is my take on an Oreo Sucker.
I am making them for the party on Sunday.
I chose the colors because our son
is a Saints fan, even tho he is in New Orleans
and not able to be here for the party,
I still want him represented, silly Mommy
moment, I know.

I started off with Oreo's, of course.

 Next is the white chocolate.
This will be used for 2 purposes.
First, place a small amount in a baggie and
melt the white chocolate in the microwave.
 Cut a small hole in the corner of the baggie.
Open an oreo and place your stick in the center.
Squirt a hmmmm, nickle sized amount onto the stick
and put the other half of the oreo on it.
press VERY gently (yep I learned the hard way
that gentleness is a must here!) and set the
oreo aside to allow the chocolate to harden.
 Ready for dipping!!!
Melt the rest of the white chocolate in a small bowl
and coat the "suckers" in the chocolate.
 Place the coated "suckers" on wax paper to dry.
BUT, before they are dry, that is the time to sprinkle!
You do not have to do this, they look great in all white.
I just chose to sprinkle with black and gold sugar,
because those are the colors of the Saints!


 Now, wouldn't you want treats like this at your next party???!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment