Friday, August 24, 2012

We Had A Big Backyard Party!

And there was lots to do to get ready!
Chairs to be washed....
 
 
And you know, when a child has the hose....
the adults will get washed right along with the chairs!!

We brought out the bouncy house,
can I just say, as much fun as it is to have,
that is one annoying machine!!!!
The noise gets old VERY quickly!
But it is all about the children, so the sacrifice was made!!

Is it wrong when you have the child make their own cupcakes? Child labor? Nah, didn't think so!
 
Spider Man was the theme of the day....


But the Saints colors flew in honor of our Son!

There was SO much food...my husband manned the grill....in his 49ers shirt. The Saints, 49er's and Cowboys were represented....I needed to go and get on my Packers things!!!!!


Family and friends were there to share in the food and fun!
 
Lots of brightly colored gifts were opened.
 
And by far, the coolest super hero ever "flew" in to say "hello"!!!


My daughter's reaction to the Lincoln Logs,
"I didn't know they even made those any more!"
Guess they do!

Corn Hole games were played...

Remember the old game where you put a raw egg on a plastic spoon
and walk with it to your destination?
I changed it up a bit and used water balloons on wooden spoons,
making them walk an obstacle course
it turned into a full blown water war!
All had a blast...pun intended!

We had lots of goodies, from Spidy cakes...

to the Saints colored oreo suckers.

And my daughter made sure the females had
pink Spiderman cup cakes!!!
It was a super day, a busy day, dodging rain drops while watching the sun shine,
enjoying family and eating lots!
When is the next one?
Why this Sunday of course!!!
Don't even tell me what a lunatic I am,
I already know.

No comments:

Post a Comment