Sunday, September 2, 2012

As I Sit Here

I am on my deck, such a pleasant breeze blowing,
all is so quiet, the dogs are wondering the back yard
along with the sound of the ducks quacking from the garden. The children are watching Tangled and I
have a few precious minutes with silence.
One would think that to be either amazing
or sad. I am finding it so pleasant for just a couple
of moments, I needed to write my thoughts.
I just spent the most pleasant day, starting with
church, in which the 3 year old wore a clip on tie
over his "Cars" t-shirt and the 5 year old
proudly strolled in complete with her tiara on.
We were the family that entertained all those
around us without having to say a single word.
Then home to have bbq ribs and all the fixings
with everyone pleasantly having loads of conversation
with all there.
Next, we all went down to the family room where x-box competitions began and we all
had lots of laughter and some dealt with a bit of frustration.
Now, all are chilling and have switched movies already to Toy Story. That didn't take long!
 
I love my life. It changes so drastically from day to day.
Some days mimic others, but for the most part,
something new happens every day.
 
I am sure that every person can, on some level for sure, say the very same thing.
I mean, of course we do basically the same thing each day, we rise when we are supposed to, eat when we are hungry, brush our teeth, bath, clean,
work, do house work, etc.
BUT
each day, if we look for it, God gives us more than one chance to smile, laugh, sigh, contemplate,
see love and life in the simplest things.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment