Friday, October 26, 2012

Food Table Labels

A very wonderful woman, who reads my blog,
noticed that whenever I put pictures of
parties that I have I always have little
signs in front of my desserts and foods.
They are too let my guests know what they will be eating,

 
whether things are sugar free or not,
spicy or not.
 
She asked me for the instructions on how I did this.
 
I never miss an opportunity to share the things
that I use to make my life easier!
 
First I had my husband cut 1x2's into squares.
  
 Only because we happened to have that laying around the basement left from something else that we built. You can use what ever size you want, although I would try to stay as small as possible to keep from taking up too much table space.
Next he drilled a small hole in the center of the block
to the size of the picture hanging wire that I purchased at the local hardware store.
 
I also purchased alligator clips that attached to the wire by simply pinching it tightly with a pair of pliers after the length of wire was placed in it.
 
I made differing heights because I thought it would be the most useful, and it has proven to be.
I painted all of them white so they will go with any table I set!
I simply go to free printable web sites (I will leave a couple of links at the end of this post) and print out on my computer the blank label sized printables and write in the food, or if I am able to, put text from my computer in the boxes of the printables and print them out with the information already on it.
 
It really was an easy process and cost us about $2 for all of the holders.
P.S. The beautiful doily I use here is one that my Grandmother Myatt hand made and was handed down to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment