Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Mirror, Mirror, On My Wall

It's the fairest of them all!!!
No, really, it rocks!!!
And the best part, it cost $12!
Seriously!!!
I purchased (a while ago) a five dollar
"back of the door" full length mirror at Wal-mart.
And then, wanted to make it something AMAZING!
I took a trip to our local lumber store
and purchased 4 six foot 1x10's
 
At home, my husband cut the boards to length
per the measurements of the actual mirror without
the store frame.
Next, he routered a groove for the mirror
to be set in.
He then affixed the boards into a frame.
Then I took over...and painted it white,
measured for the hangers, the mirror is quite heavy
so extra measures were taken, 
measured the wall
and the results are FABULOUS!!
SEE!
It is a huge mirror, on a very large wall.
The pictures may not do this justice,
but take it from me, IT ROCKS!!
Oh, and the best thing...all the wood was
bought with rebate checks from menards,
sooooooooooooo, our actual out of pocket cost
was really 5 bucks!! For the most amazing mirror 


EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment