Friday, March 25, 2011

A Bit More "POP"!!

This is a portion of my living room, the south wall, which is flooded with light from the french doors, large double window and the view is of a flowing river that is our back yard.
Have I told you that we live on the river? Well, we do! And God's creation is AMAZING!!
It is not a clear water river, but it reflects the beauty of the blue sky and floods our home with the most amazing light!

This is the wall before I added a bit of color....now, we are putting in new flooring in the next few weeks, and that may mean new wall color. The flooring will be a dark walnut stained bamboo and I am fearful that it will mean we need to lighten up the walls, so you will notice a couple of paint samples awaiting approval by my husband and I....others have already voted, and it is now 2 to 1 on the paint color....more later.












A full view of the wall area, LOVE the chair!!!




View of the pictures, that will change in a blink of an eye!!!



Did you blink???? An antique frame picked up for $5 at an antique store....not in the best shape when I purchased it, but nothing a bit of paint cannot fix!!!

And here is the print that I made the other day with the sight that I linked here for you....our family in cool colors that reflect the colors in the chair and in the frame above. LOVE IT!!!
And as you can tell....one of my spring painting projects is the refinish the end tables that we have in our living room!
But you can see here....the finished product, a $5 fix for a very monochromatic look.....what will you punch up with color in your home????????

No comments:

Post a Comment