Thursday, March 24, 2011

Painted Vases II

Ok, I did do the work to paint a couple of old vases that were collecting dust in my basement, as I did not want to experiment on something that I cherished and would be concerned over making it un-usable.

So, I decided to paint one in the blue I had lying around and another in a "metallic" silver, as I LOVE mercury glass and thought it to be worth trying.....failure for sure!

Now, the painting part was quite easy and does turn out a pretty, shiny container when using colors of paint.....metallics do not work in my opinion.

Here are the pictures of the process for me......I would suggest to you that clean, clean and clean again the container before painting, as any speck of anything still inside the glass will show.













The vases before......








Taped off........













Blue Vase....not bad!


"Silver" vase.....failure, oh well, it is nice to know that I can do bright things, fun things and will never worry about silver again (unless bought from Home Goods!!!)

2 comments:

  1. cool! i'll have to try it

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a really great way to add bold color to a room without the commitment to that color on a wall or something more permenant. And if you do not have a vase or two around, you can get them at the second hand stores for about 50 cents!

    ReplyDelete