Thursday, March 31, 2011

Crazy Week, Crazy Pizza




This has just been a crazy week, filled with hospitals, Dr.s and everyday business. My Aunt had a trip to the E.R. and is doing just fine now, but a day was full of testing and waiting. My Mother, whom is leagally blind, doctors in another state and I am her only child here, so I am blessed to have the time with her while driving.

Of course, there is also the everyday business of life that fills our days and keeps me running at a faster pace than I am sometimes comfortable with.


However, I managed to slide in trying a new recipe. I spotted a carb free pizza crust recipe at a blog that I read on occasion called: "Healthy Indulgences". This little lady eats gluten and sugar free and makes some amazing desserts and a few other things. Totally cool!!!!!


I am always thinking of ways to feed my sweet husband that will keep him healthy and his levels within the normal area as far as his blood sugars go.


I tweeked, for my convenience, the recipe that was on her blog, and this is what I came up with!


8 oz of Mozzarella Cheese

2 Eggs

3 oz of Mild Cheddar Cheese

1 oz of fresh Parm. Cheese (not the stuff in the green jar!)

11/2 tsp Garlic Powder

1 to 2 tsp of Italian Seasoning








This is how I made the crust: mix the 2 eggs, approx. 5 oz of the Mozz. cheese, 2 oz of cheddar & 1/2 of the parm, the garlic powder and italian seasoning. I spread this on a non-stick pizza pan and baked at 400* for about 15 minutes.
















I removed the crust from the oven, put a cutting board over it and Flipped it over, than slid it back onto the baking sheet......I must admit, I wish that I would have wiped off the grease from the pan as I believe it would have firmed up the crust a bit more.


Next, I topped the pizza with a jarred sauce, pre-cooked sausage, pre-cooked roasted peppers, tomatoes and onions (both also pre-cooked)....this all my hubbies side.

MY side was topped with sauce, fresh basil leaves and more cheese.


The remaining cheese was put on top and the pan was put back under the BROILER for about 3 minutes.


Along with it I served a lovely romaine lettuce salad topped with Parmesan shavings.




















This is what it looked like, and it tasted quite wonderful! After it cools a bit, slices can be picked up and eaten as a regular bread crust pizza would be!


And the best thing.....2 hours after eating, my hubby took a blood sugar reading, and guess what!!!! Very normal reading!!! Smack Dab in the middles of the normal range!!!


You may be un-impressed, but can I tell you, that when he eats pizza with a bread crust, his readings are usually 40 to 60 points above the normal range....which is not soooooooooooo bad, but since this process keeps him in place, it WILL be the pizza of choice for us from now on!!!


Have a superb Thursday everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment