Thursday, March 17, 2011

A "Brighter" Thursday!

So, as I said a few blog posts ago, I have lots of home projects to do....all really of my own doing, as other than a new floor, there is nothing that I intend to do that is really a "necessity" per Si, but I have all the materials needed already, so why can't a girl have a little fun!!! Right??? I guess that depends on your definition of "fun". I do have alot of fun taking something that is going to be discarded or just not attractive to me and giving it a new "life" shall we say.

So, here is the first of MANY to come projects that I will be sharing with you all!



This is the before of a little lantern that my mother had in her "give away" pile that she opted to get rid of since her living room was stripped of wall paper and painted a very lively green for a bold pop of color to usher in the spring season...and green is the color of love to my dear Mommy.

Nothing really wrong with this lantern, just sort of dark and dreary for me.



And here is the after! A bright, happy blue that will now "pop" in my living room!!
Amazing what a can of Krylon found in my basement will do to liven up something so simple!
So, get out those cans, find those hidden treasures and make something amazing!!!

1 comment: