Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Mind Is On The Garden

I look out my french doors each day and gaze at the back yard....free of snow and just crying out for some color....flowers, herbs, even a few weeds would be nice right about now! Soon....very soon.
I started my tomato and flower plants yesterday...they are really seeds in wet soil at this point, but in a few short days, I will have the beginnings of 5 different types of tomatoes, 3 types of flowers and 2 different herbs. (other herbs are started straight from the seeds to the outside soil)



I found this picture on a site from Tori James....lovely site it is! It reminded me of the many metal containers and buckets that I painted last year for things like growing herbs, using as napkin, plate, condiment, etc. containers during some of our MANY back yard parties. Mine are all painted in varying shades of blues, greens and creams, as we live on the water and it makes sense to me. Tori has done hers in pinks, but you get the idea of how you can take plain aluminum, tin or galvanized steel containers and turn them into something quite wonderful....and completely useful at the same time!

Have a wonderful time hunting (in the dark corners of your basement or in second hand shops) and painting long forgotten but now useful treasure!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment