Saturday, January 21, 2012

I Am Home

And it was an eventful time.


My sweet Sister In Law's Mother passed from this earth this week.


I drove my Mother and Myself 5 hours south of here to the funeral.


While there, a major Ice Storm set in, and everything was covered


with 1/4 to 1/2 inch of solid ice.


Life, at best, is un-predictable.


Death, at best is an eternity with Jesus.


But life here on earth is then left lonely and sad, if even for a few days or weeks.


My Sweet Sister In Law, and her Father and Brother are left lonely or sad or both.


Her Mother, on the other hand, is loving life eternally with our Lord and Savior.


I am, really, happy for Miss Dotty, living eternity where we all want to be.


I am sorrow filled for my Sister In Law and her family, for their life on this earth is forever changed even tho those around her and them have not had change at all.




I spent a few days with family that I do not normally get the opportunity to set and just have conversation with, un-interrupted, without pretense and with laughter and thought fullness.




I also had the great pleasure of spending time with my Mother. Alone. Talking. Laughing. Sleeping (sort of) and just being Mom and Me.




Life is at best, unpredictable. Life at best is loving those whom you don't always have the opportunity to love on. Life at best, is coming home to an amazing husband, understanding and full of hugs that I long for, soak up and treasure.




Life. Ahhhhhhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment