Saturday, January 28, 2012

SimpleJoys

Today is Saturday, but you already knew that.


After the past couple of weeks, I am even more in love with staying home, doing my own thing and getting back in touch with myself and my sweet husband on the only down day that I have.


Today, my husband (have I told you how great he is? OK, I guess I have) headed to my Mother's house and hung her Christmas present that we gave her. She is loving it! (It looks alot like this!)


Today, I baked all morning...no exaggeration...for hubby's Sunday School Class tomorrow.



I made individual Italian Fritatas, Apple Cinnamon Muffins (whole grain and sugar free) and as a treat, Chocolate, nut & chocolate chip mini muffins (sugar free) for the class to eat in the morning.


I love to spoil my husband...it is a true joy for me. He is type 2 diabetic (hereditary from his Mother's side) and so it has become an even bigger challenge over the years to "treat" him and "spoil him" but I am nothing, if not competitive, even if it is a competition against my old ways vs. my new ways to bake and cook.


I am spoiled... it is one of my simple joys. To have the opportunity to sit in front of a warm fire, with a full tummy, talking to all of you, knowing I have a very content husband...what an amazing life!


I work alot, clean alot, teach alot, love alot, get tired ALOT, feel blessed by God ALOT, sigh alot, and find myself coming and going alot. But on most Saturdays.....I find a few moments to reflect...and realize, that my life, filled by my Savior, is in itself, is....a simple joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment