Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My Take On An Industrial Cage Light!

Remember This??? The planter that I go at a local antique store for a grand total of $15? Well...... I wanted to do something special with it, and this is what I came up with!!


This picture was my insperation. The cluster of lights sells for $499. A single pendant sells for $149. I am sure they are very worth the cost, it is simply that I do not have the funds to spend on a pendant for our guest room at this point, sooooooooo, creativity had to kick in!First, you need a hanging lamp kit. I purchased mine at Ikea for $3.99 and have used it with a standard shade for about a year now. Next, after you have removed the "clamp ring" (my name, as I am not sure of the official name) and place it on the top center of the cage (which is really the bottom of the planter, and they convienently had a perfect circle there just for me!!!)


Then, with a dremel tool and the proper bit, cut the cage where needed to enable it except the light kit. I simply inserted the kit into the upside down cage, and inserted the most amazing bulb...it is called an Edison Bulb, very antique / industrial looking and I think "makes" th look of the light complete! Here she is, in all her glory! I believe this is what we call Light Love! And this is what it looks like in the guest room....amazing!

Insperation Lights can be found here: http://www.shadesoflight.com/ at Shades Of Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment