Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Years Hopes...

Not resolutions, but hopes. Hopes to be better, hoping to do what I need to do to accomplish all that needs to be done, hopes for a life filled with laughter, love and joy.
I am not a resolution maker. Can you tell? Yes, I know, that is not what is SUPPOSED to be this time of year. I mean, isn't everyone supposed to make resolutions to get fit, loose weight, do some amazing fete, or what ever there is? Well, this year I am HOPING that I will fulfill what I have promised myself....to do all things with more effort.
I want to not make myself feel guilty for "failing" or set myself up for failure by resolving that I WILL do this or that and find myself in a situation that will cause failure which leads to having to explain why I did not do what I said I would....ugh, that does not sound like fun to me!
So instead, I hope. I hope to do all that I do with more effort. And if I do succeed in this, then the pattern will be set for doing things Greatly and not just good or well or adequately.
Now, that may very well mean that I will have to "weed" things out of my life. You know, purge the closet, donate things from the basement, NOT take on further commitments, etc.
You know, if you do many things, chances are you are doing them well, but if you do fewer things, you can do them with greatness!
Example? Sure! I would be happy to oblige!
If I have too much furniture in my house, then cleaning is more time consuming and there for done well, but not REALLY well, for lack of time! So, if I donate the furniture that I do not need, the rest will be easier to keep clean!
If I have an over abundance of clothes, then there is too much laundry to do, by donating the extra clothes I do not wear or need, I cut back on laundry, and yes, this is true. I know we all still need to do the laundry, but having excess clothing, DOES lead to larger laundry loads.
If I am teaching/taking 3 different classes, I am probably doing a good job at all 3, but if I listen closely to the Lord, and cut back to one class, I can do that with Greatness!
You see! Getting rid of the clutter in my life (through the careful listening to the Holy Spirit and not randomly choosing on my own) I can do things with greater effort affording me a great outcome.
Have an amazing Tuesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment