Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Our Back Yard

I put on my boots, grabbed my camera and headed to our river bank.


I took the dogs...really bad idea! Can you say MUD FEST! Wow!

But I snapped some pictures of the ice. For the most part about a foot thick, but there were  many, many chunks that were closer to two foot thick.

As I stood next to the ice covered river, the sound of the ice beginning to crack was a bit un-nerving.

It up-rooted trees, drug large whole trees down the river with it and took someone's cherished dock to eventually end up in the Gulf of Mexico.

Here are the pictures I took Monday.











And the next set I took a mere 24 hours later. The quality of these photos are not as good since I was using a zoom lens.....my fear level was that of "stayin up top on the bank today" the river was running sooooooooooooo fast and the damage and debris were immense.












It will take a while for the ice to melt, the ground to dry and the river to be back within it's banks.

1 comment:

  1. thick like you said it will be om the banks for a while good pictures

    ReplyDelete