Thursday, March 20, 2014

My Wedding Dress

We are planning a family vacation this summer to the east coast.

It is a place that we love. Barrier islands off the coast of North Carolina known as The Outer Banks. (Message In A Bottle and Nights In Rodanthe are two movies that I know of that were filmed there)

It is our anniversary and the knowledge that all of our children are going to be under one roof, playing in the surf each day has me just about jumping out of my skin! Seriously!

But there is one thing that my sweet hubby and I are going to do. We are getting some pictures taken on the beach, I in my wedding gown and he in the rehearsal dinner attire that he wore at our daughter's wedding, which is the last time that our entire family was together all in the same room!

Before you ask if my hubby is the same size as when we married, please know that I am NOT renting a powder blue tux to take with us!!! And my husband did all the tux stuff for our wedding, as I was on crutches recovering from a major knee reconstruction...off crutches 5 days before walking down the isle.

So, I went over to Mia Madre's house and retrieved my gown....and I was afraid of a yellow mess for sure.....





 
What a very pleasant surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am going to modify the gown...take off the sleeves and lower the collar but wowza! That is a spectacular white!! We all gasped when it was un-boxed.
 
We will be married 35 glorious years in July.....but other than the style of the gown, you would never know that it is that old!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment