Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Silverware Envelopes

While shopping in Chicago a couple of weeks ago, my youngest and I ate at a corner bistro.

Italian Fare.

Lovely food. Good atmosphere.

While waiting for our dinner, we were handed silverware with which to eat.

Nothing out of the ordinary in that. But....to make it a bit special, the knife and fork were in the sweetest little brown paper envelope.

I was smitten.

I knew that I wanted to re-create this sweet envelope that made me feel just a bit spoiled because of that little extra step taken.

So I sat down one evening and drew up a template.


 Cut it out and found some packing paper that could be used for my special little envelopes.

Now, I know that you can buy brown craft paper at most stores, but remember I am in a no spend month, so I decided to recycle!

Did you know that you can iron paper? Yes you can. Just don't steam it...and it will iron flat as can be!





Trace around the template or run it through a copy machine, which is what I did as I have that option.



Then cut and fold!

I ran a small bead of glue on the seams and pressed.

I love doing the little things that make everyone feel just a little bit spoiled.




Extra special.   Loved.



I intend to stamp a bit of decoration on these beauties and use them on my Easter Table!

It's the little things that rock my world for the better!

Here is the template I made if you would like to copy and paste you are welcome to do so.
The size of the template should be 8 x 5 1/4.

No comments:

Post a Comment