Friday, June 15, 2012

Father's Day

It is nearly here!
Father's Day, 2012
This Sunday, June 17th
Sadly, I have had to say good-bye to my Daddy,
September 12th, 1990.
I did not have a great childhood.
My Dad was an alcoholic. He quit drinking when I was 18.
He walked me down the isle SOBER!!!
I became best buds with my Dad, after I was Married
which was when I was 18 years of age.
I love that I was able to have a great relationship with my Dad.
I love that the Lord healed my heart, saved my soul
and impressed upon me to completely forgive
my earthly Father for the completely dysfunctional childhood
that my brother and I had.
I am blessed.
Loving unconditionally is hard, easy, not natural in our human form,
completely wonderful and hard. Yes, I used hard twice.
I have rather strange memories from my childhood.
Strange in comparison to the childhood memories that our children have.
BUT, the memories that I have of my Dad, after he choose
to leave alcohol alone, are so sweet.
I choose to camp on those memories.
Would I choose to have had a childhood like our children had,
honestly, yes.
Would I be a different person if I did have that fantasy childhood?
Hard to tell. Possibly. But, I will never know that.
God allowed for me to have the childhood that I did have,
So that HE could work on my heart to be where I am today.
God is so big and loving in my life, that I would never even
dream to ask Him to change any part of my life.
Would I accept that change? Yes. I am human after all.
But I would not ask for it.
Hmmmmmmmmmm, Nope.
I hope that you all have an amazing Father's Day!
I pray that you will love on your Daddy, no matter your
circumstances, as you are where you are because God IS good.

No comments:

Post a Comment