Friday, June 1, 2012

Simple Joy & Random Thoughts

I love this time of year,
it is not my most, bestest favorite (fall is)
but, all the fun of summer coming and
the colors that show up are just plain fun!
This is an example of the fun of summer
that would not be a part of fall or winter
and I would probably not even expect it to be around
any other time of the year.
But what a simple joy!
I took this picture last month in a small town north of New Orleans
Funny thing about this time of the year,
5 days ago, it was 98* and roasting,
tonight (Thursday), I sit in front of the fireplace with a
beautiful fire going keeping me from being chilly!
weird, yah, weird!
You know, tags on the side seam of tank tops are not
really less annoying than when they used to
put them on the back of the neck....who
told them there needed to be tags sewn into the shirt
in the first place??? They did NOT ask me!
I am excited today (Friday), I am going to leisurely walk through the local antique store
and look for something to become a desk.
A sompun, sompun that I can remake into something smashing!
I will, of course, have before and after for you,
provided I find the perfect something to become
our desk for the living room.
I think I need a chandelier,
I don't know where I need it....I would love
some bling in the kitchen, I think it would be amazing!
who needs to know WHERE to put something
pretty, since, as I see it,
when you know you have to have it
the spot will be revealed after it comes home.
Maybe the bathroom? hmmmmm.
Yah, that's why I DON'T have a chandelier.
I hope that you all will have a great weekend,
I plan to have a "smashing" one!
Yep, that's my new favorite word!


No comments:

Post a Comment