Friday, June 22, 2012

My Crazy Hydrangea Bush

I think my Hydrangea bush has a split personality!
I am told that the more acid or alkaline
that the soil is, that it dictates the color of the flowers.
 And your soil is supposed to be
either acid or alkiline not a combo of both!
But, my bush gives 3 different colors!
Blue, Pink & Purple...hhmmmmm.
It is loaded with buds (if that is what you
call the forming flowers on a Hydrangea bush)
I think I counted 45, but, they are
different colors...why?
I am not sure, so I will show you a few
photos that I took on Wednesday,
and if you have an explanation,
I am eager to hear!








2 comments:

  1. Lovely...I'll take THAT kind of split personality!!! Mine hasn't bloomed yet. And when it does, the flowers last for 32 minutes, then they are gone. And it always seems that those minutes take place in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was told that they should get about 2 hours of non-mid day sun a day. Mine gets about 1 hour of late, late afternoon sun. I don't know if that is the success of the bush or not, becasue I really don't do a thing to it! It is crazy all on it's own!

      Delete