Thursday, June 28, 2012

Working On A Few Things!

I have been super busy these past few days.
Mia Madre has been having lots of tests for
her heart and I have been taking her to all
her appointments, and am so very grateful that
I have such a flexible understanding work enviroment
that offers me the opportuity to do it!
I am blessed!
And so far, mia madre is doing favoloso!
I can just tell you are so impressed with my Italian speaking!

On Wednesday after getting home from hosp. tests
and a couple of hours of work, I managed to slip
in a few moments to experiment on something!
I am working on dying a few of my clear glass candle holders!
Cool, I know, that's just how I am.
I saw something like it while cruising the net
and tucked it away in my totally cool brain for later use.
It definatley needs some "tweeking" and I will put
all the instructions up when I get it all correct.
But for now, this is what I have been experimenting with.
 These are the two experimental candle holders before I began. I knew that it was nessesary to have really clean and dry glass for the best results.

 Next, I mixed Mod Podge, water and food coloring on a paper plate (with a white bottom to enable seeing the true color that I was mixing).
This is where further tweeking is needed. I think that I had a bit to runny of a mixture and ended up with drips and that is not what I really wanted!
 I dumped the mixture into the cylinder and swirled it around to coat every part of the inside of the glass.
 Insert here the caution: IT WILL STAIN! I am glad that it was just my finger that was stained, so be careful to protect surfaces from staining.
 Then I baked them in a low temp oven,
these are those before baking.
 And this is after baking! I have to confess, my daughter and I let out a bit of a gasp when we saw the finished product...the clear beauty of this color is sooooooooo amazing!
But, drips there were, so back to the experimentation process!
 I will put water in this to see of vases can be stained and withstand water after!
I will give all instruction when I get an end product that is as I want. And it will not take me long to experiment again, cause I'm cool like that!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment