Thursday, March 1, 2012

Paula's Roasted Butternut Squash

Finally, a non-link post!
I make roasted butternut squash often,
and have people ask me for the recipe.
I do not use a recipe, I just "do it",
so I thought last night I would actually take photo's and
write the recipe down for those who wanted it!
First, peal (this is not easy, so use a very large, heavy, sharp chef's knife to make it the easiest possible.

Now, cut the squash in 1 inch cubes and place in an OVEN SAFE frying pan with about 1/4 cup of good quality olive oil.
 Peel 3 cloves of garlic (that is the amount I use for a large squash) and put it in the pan with the squash.

 Add a large pinch of salt to the pan.


Chop fresh rosemary,
I used about 1tble chopped.
Fresh cracked pepper to taste.
 You are going to cook on the stove top until the squash is caramelized.
 The place pan in the oven for 45 minutes with temp set at 400*
You can add water or chicken stock in 1/4 cup amounts to the pan if the squash is browning to quickly without cooking thru.

And this is what it will look like! The garlic is completely edible and will be mellow and almost sweet from the roasting process.
Have an amazing Thursday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment