Friday, March 9, 2012

Making It Special For Your Family

As I sit here, in front of a warm, wonderful fire,
 with the dishwasher softly humming in the background,
floors clean, dinner done, dishes cleared and clean,
I contemplate my day tomorrow.
Tomorrow, after a day of work (my husbands day much longer than mine)
we will have two dinner guests.
We always try to make things special for the ones that we love,
and those that we treasure in our lives.
And tomorrow will be no different.
But how, do I make things extra special,
without all the fuss and extra time?
So glad you asked!!!
It begins, with three very simple, un-hemmed strips
of material from, more than likely, a remnant bin.
Placed on our normal dinner table.
The only thing abnormal about this time is,
that it will be set for only 4 people.
The norm for me is 12 - 20 people....
and if you can ask my husband or children about this,
they will tell you, the norm of setting a special table is,
for me, VERY normal!
Next, I add an amazingly easy, yet fun centerpiece
Of which I am giving you a "sneak preview" of the outcome
of one of my "Guess What Will Come" previous blog posts!!
Next, I added simple bone white plates,
cloth napkins and simple silverware.
And next, I added water and (for us) soda glasses
One stemmed, the other not stemmed.
And  last, but not least,
Salt & Pepper shakers for each person at the table.
Now, let me say, that my Mother, for a special Christmas present,
several years ago, gave me these mini salt and pepper shakers
to use for special or any occasion, that I pull out for MOST occasions!
So I completely understand if you do not have these as an option!
AND, Individual water bottles for all those at the table.
And again, this is not the first, nor the last time that these
will be used for a dinner at our home!
For those of you who are curious,
the water bottles are re-purposed
olive oil and balsamic vinegar bottles
in which I used up the oil and vinegar
and then carefully and fully cleaned the bottles when empty
and store in my basement until needed for the
spoiling of those that I love!
And this is not the first time that they have been used!!
Tune in next week for the completion of this
"Spoil" dinner, and the complete
example of how you too
can spoil those you love.....
with VERY little effort and $ involved!!!!
Have an amazing weekend!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment