Monday, March 26, 2012

Pretty, Pretty Vases

I am back to working on my Easter Table.
This weekend was a wash for me as far as being home,
with the exception of about 1 1/2 hours yesterday.
I took advantage of that short time slot and did paint 3 vases!
 These are two 79 cent & one 1.99 vases from Ikea

 These are the paints, color matched to the eggs that I am using for the table.
I bought the "sample" jars of paint from Menards, which they will tint for you.
 If you do try this, an up front warning: you will have waisted paint!
So be prepared to loose a bit of your paint, but it is not substantial.
 After pouring the paint into the vase or bottle that you are using,
swirl it to cover all areas.
Hold it over the paint can to drain the biggest portion of paint out.
Then, you must allow it to drip for approximately 1/2 hour.
If you wait too much longer, you will have to scrap drying paint
rather than wiping wet paint from the top of the vase.
 I decided that using bamboo skewers as a "drainage system"
would be the most efficient, and it really did work well!
 And voile'! I do very much like them and they will be a great addition to the table,
with a few buds from the bush in my front yard!
 Here they are sitting with a couple of antique vases that my mother is letting me use for the cause....what do you think????

No comments:

Post a Comment