Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Just A Few Thoughts.....

Just a few thoughts…..

I am a bit under the weather, a big ole’ cold, and I am a bit behind on what I need to accomplish for the big turkey day dinner….but not to far behind, so all is well.

Our son-in-law, Ben, had a birthday the other day, we stopped by his parents house on Sunday to say happy birthday and gave him a gift and some tiramisu, which I made for him, as his Mother says that I make it better than she does, even tho it is very low in sugar (and alcohol free).



We have a different camera in the house and I decided to play with a couple of settings, it will take a long while before I am proficient with it. And I am appalled at the dog hair on this blanket!! Wow! Customarily, the few nights before Thanksgiving I am so busy with this and that, that I feed my sweet husband dinner from town, which is completely out of the ordinary for us. I received as a gift today a gift certificate for a local deli, and used it to get my sweetie a huge sandwich…what a blessing beyond words, as this yucky cold has got me beaten down and not as energetic as I usually am leading up to the big day.


Why is it that I LOVE the cooking and baking I do in the days leading up to family dinners and HATE the floor cleaning so much?????????????? Silly question!
I plan on taking lots and lots of pics of all that I do for Thanksgiving….a separate dessert table with a delightful display of goodies….a separate appetizer buffet with a bit of an “Italian” flare….and a buffet of food to tantalize any palette! Oh, and then there will be the table….in my head it is a thing of beauty….hoping in reality to have the same outcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment