Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Are You Ready For Thanksgiving???????????

Well, as I mentioned a few day ago, I have my menu planned for Thanksgiving…and here is how it looks. I put together a book of sorts, (as I have for several years now) with the menu, the dishes that I have asked others to bring (I cook the meat, potatoes and all the desserts) and the recipes that I personally need for my part of the feast. I also send recipes to a couple of my relatives, as they always say…”you just let me know what you want, I am willing to try anything” [I have a fantastic family!] and they get to try something new and fun to bring with.
I find this tool to be one of great value and there are 3 reasons why.
1) When the menu is set, there is NO last minute panic. I know exactly what is being served and I never worry about not enough or too much food. Welllllllllll, I like a bit too much, as then everyone gets to take a bit home with them, as thanksgiving leftovers are the best!
2) I have all the recipes at my fingertips….I am not searching for anything when the time comes to bake and cook!
3) I can make my grocery list up way in advance, allowing me to keep it with me, and then I can buy a bit each week, and I am not doing a huge grocery run the day before thanksgiving….the more organized I can be ahead of time, it allows a stress free cooking time and I am much more relaxed during the actual meal.
We usually have anywhere from 12 – 25 people at our annual meal and the farther ahead that planning and work can be done, the more fun I can have!
I would encourage you to try making a book of your own….it may just make your holiday a bit more fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment