Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Spoiled

I am spoiled. I am sitting in front of a roaring fire, blazing in our living room fireplace, as my sweet husband is working on the lights for our Christmas tree….you know, you plug them in and there are always those that refuse to light up and just when you are ready to throw them in the garbage can, voile’ they decide to mysteriously work…it is a conspiracy I tell you! Back on track….
I think about the fact that I can sit on my toasty warm living room floor as one of our dogs is on the hearth stealing the heat from me and type on my laptop to put this out there on the internet and realize that I live a very spoiled life. Is our home brand new? No. do we have all the newest tv’s, computers, cars, appliances, etc. no. Do I even have all that I want? No. but I have all and more than I need. I am spoiled. I am loved. I am blessed.
I am not a whiner for the most part. I am trying to practice being content in all things. I am wishing that I would see my family again before the year 2011 ends, but I know that they are happy, serving the Lord and loving their church’s fellowship, growing their family and living the life that the Lord has given them, so I am content.
Is it easier to be content when you know you are truly spoiled…sure. Is every area of my life silver lined? No. Do I struggle with things? Yes. Do I ever worry about money being there for bills, etc. Yes.
But contentment and joy are a choice. A day by day, sometimes minute by minute, choice. One that I am quite sure, if more people would make this choice, the world (even my little world) would be a much better place for everyone.
In the words of a song: “have what you want, but want what you have” are words well sung.
I am spoiled….I am content. The first is not my choice, the second is.

No comments:

Post a Comment