Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pretty, Pretty Pumpkins

Pumpkins, take 2!!
Since I decided to shades of white as my table centerpiece for thanksgiving this year, I thought it would be fun to do it with what I have here at my home, and not buying anything new, or at least as little as possible. Sooooooooooooo, the first of my re-do’s are my small pumpkins.
Let me say, that my wonderful son and daughter in law took a cruise in Sept. and I went to New Orleans to stay with the 3 munchkins…while they were docked in Mexico, my son (Evan) picked out a tablecloth for me and that is the jumping off point for my layers of white & off white for my table.
Ok, back to the pumpkins, 3 wait, no, 4 simple things and this is how it goes…..
Paper mache’ pumpkin, satin finish spray paint, CLEAR glitter, as fine as you can get, stain, a dark shade is best.
Paint the entire pumpkin, stem and all. Let it dry completely.


Second coat of paint…and sprinkle with the glitter but keep the stem clear of the glitter.
Very lightly paint the stem with the stain, layering until you get the darkness you desire, which is a personal choice. I have silk fall leaves, so I am anticipating that they will look wonderful with a coat of paint, some stain painted veining and possibly a bit of glitter! Shall we try?? OK! Well, I believe with a few, ok, maybe ALOT more tea light candles, my table should be stunning for our Thanksgivng feast!!!



And you know, I will take pictures of our set table in all it's glory...oh, and I am planning an all out dessert bar.....as creative as can be...can't wait to see how that turns out!!! Have a superb Wednesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment