Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful, Grateful, Full Of Gratitude

Thankful
The dictionary defines it as “gratitude, grateful, full of gratefulness”.
We will celebrate Thanksgiving next week, with many of our family members and friends, cooking, eating, laughing, talking, watching football, feeling full, eating more, feeling even more full, well, you get the picture.
But I want to take a moment today to tell everyone how grateful I am for the life I live.

How thankful I am to serve a risen Savior, to KNOW where my eternity will be spent, to live in a country that at this time, I am free to worship my Lord freely and have peace.
I am thankful for a wonderful husband who loves me even with all my flaws, a great and long marriage and the fun that we have together.
I am thankful and grateful for the jobs that my husband and I have, for the provision that God has given our family.
I am thankful and grateful for the children that the Lord has entrusted us with, we are so blessed. We have amazing in-law children and grandchildren who even though are separated from us by hours upon hours of travel, they light us up just by seeing their smiles in pictures.
I am thankful for our parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews. We have an abundance of family and are better for it.
I am thankful for friends. I love to laugh with my girlfriends, spending time with our church friends, and the friendship that I genuinely have with my husband.
I find it hard to believe that a person in this United States could not be thankful, we are a blessed nation, and have so much more than other nations. We do not know poverty in the way others know poverty. We do not see war as other countries do (although I am sorrowfully aware of the losses our service men and women suffer in those other countries and again, I am grateful to all those who selflessly protect us in the military).
So, as I have shared with you, just some of the areas in which I am thankful, I want to challenge you to go into this coming week with a grateful heart, thankful for all that you have, and to carry that thankfulness beyond that one day of “thanksgiving”, and allow it to be an everyday attitude of gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment