Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Wall Color Anyone???

Remember this wall? I affectionately call it my “wall of fame”!
Well, it has changed a bit.
Here is the story…. our youngest, a beautiful daughter, decided that she was going to paint her sun room (beautiful, natural woodwork, tons of windows, you get the picture) and she asked me to go with to pick a color [she picked a lovely honey gold that made the hardwood floors pop!]. Well, as I had a conversation the evening before said shopping trip, with my husband, he told me that he has never liked the color of our living room since we painted it this past spring. Nuff said! I picked a color, got the paint mixed and I was off!
My husband spent the day Saturday working with a friend, so the day was mine to get things done. And I did! I moved all the furniture out, cleaned the walls off, cut in, painted, second coat, moved the furniture back in, hung all the pictures back up and had things completed by 3:30pm! I will not talk about the fact that my legs only hurt when I sit, stand, bend, squat or walk, but other than that, they are just fine!
Now to put things into perspective a bit, my living room is 25 feet by 14 feet. A fireplace to trim around, a set of French doors to trim around and a double window to trim around, not to mention the ceiling is vaulted, 10 ½ feet is the height. Now you know why my legs hurt! But only when I use them.
Was it worth all the time, pain and effort? Well, let me just say, the first words our of my husband’s mouth when he came home that afternoon…. “I REALLY like the color!” yep, worth it!!
Well, here is the new wall color, I took the picture at night, and so it may not be the best of times to see the color.
Tomorrow, I will be showing you the finished pumpkins for our thanksgiving table; they are drying as I type!












No comments:

Post a Comment