Thursday, April 26, 2012

Black & White

No, not life, for that is never simply black and white.

I am talking about a $7 lantern that I purchased at Ikea
hmmmmm, about a year or so ago.
It has, very un ceremoniously, been sitting on a chair
in the corner of a bedroom. Not loved. Kinda liked.
Certainly not my favorite.

So, what do I do with things that I kinda like but want to love?

You guessed it!

Paint to the rescue!!

Here is the neglected lantern in it's original stature.
I started by, ahem, literally cleaning off the dust and dog hair
from the poor little lantern
(getting emotionally involved here)
I feel sorry for the state that it found itself in!!!
Next, because the glass panels were only held in by four tabs,
I opened up the tabs and removed the glass
to make the painting process soooooooo much easier!
Out to the back yard, spray paint can and lantern in hand!
4 or 5 light coats of a soft white paint did it!

Now, I am in LOVE with this sweet lantern and it has now been placed,
 in all it's beauty and honorably, in the dining room!
I am sure it has now taken a huge sigh of relief knowing that it is now
loved and will be looked upon with great fondness!


Ahhhhhh, now that's better!

No comments:

Post a Comment